"Helping people understand money matters everyday."
As a cooperative, 3Rivers is founded on the philosophy of “people helping people." We’re committed to supporting the people, places, and ideas that make us proud to call our region “home.” We provide our community with ongoing financial support—event sponsorships, foundation grants, and college scholarships—as well as volunteer efforts throughout the year.
Our Member Benefits
We're committed to giving back to our members by providing them with a banking experience that goes beyond products and transactions. In addition to offering top-of-the line technology, security, and service, and a wide array of custom solutions, we also give back through our competitive rates, higher dividends on savings, and flexibility in how you save, spend, and invest the funds you house with us.
3Rivers Federal Credit Union
Member Benefits Analysis
annual benefit per
Experience Over 80 Years of Commitment to Our Community
On February 14, 1935, the International Harvester Company Fort Wayne Works Employees Federal Credit Union was organized. With assets of $250, we employed three individuals and were housed in the International Harvester Company office on Pontiac Street and Bueter Road.
In 1947, the credit union reached $1 million in assets and continued to grow. By 1976, we had grown to 11,722 members with $35,746,798 in assets, and by necessity, relocated from the International Harvester property to an office on New Haven Avenue.
The early 1980s brought a drastically reduced labor force to International Harvester Company. Credit union management adopted the name of Three Rivers Federal Credit Union in 1982 and opened the field of membership to other area businesses who were without the benefit of credit union services.
State & Nationally-Recognized Highlights
Over the years, 3Rivers has been an industry leader in Indiana. Some highlights include:
- Recognized as the largest credit union in the state of Indiana (1965)
- Became the first federally chartered credit union in Indiana to be designated by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) as a Community Development Credit Union, offering membership to an underserved area of Fort Wayne (1996)
- Opened the first in-store credit union in the state of Indiana (1999)
- Became the first Indiana credit union to join the Shared Branch Network (2000)
- Granted a community charter expansion, allowing anyone who lives, works, or volunteers in the Indiana counties of Adams, Allen, DeKalb, Huntington, Noble, Wells, and Whitley to become a member (2005)
- Expanded Northland headquarters by adding an additional LEED-certified building and updating existing building (2013)
- Established the 3Rivers Credit Union Foundation (2015)
- Exceeded $1B in assets (2018)
- Recognized by S&P Global Market Intelligence as a top-performing credit union in the United States (2018-19)
- Announced the intent to acquire West End Bank, based in Richmond, Indiana (2019)
- Granted a multi-common bond charter (2020)
For more on 3Rivers' history, check out our special edition 2015 Annual Report!
Where We Are Today
Today, we're over 106,000 members and 21 branches strong. You can see the credit union's latest updates and our most recent financials in our 2021 Annual Report.
We continue to look for new ways to serve our members and our communities, and go beyond banking, with innovative technology, personalized service, community support, and more.
Our name may have changed, but our commitment hasn’t. 3Rivers' mission remains: helping people understand money matters every day. Experience over 85 years of commitment to our members and our community.
We're here for you. And we're here for good.
3Rivers is committed to supporting education and wants to help students succeed. Each spring, we award more than $20,000 in scholarships to our members. Students may apply by filling out a general application and submitting a written essay. The essay topics and Terms & Conditions are subject to change year-to-year.
Our next scholarship contest will take place in the summer of 2022. To learn more about the 3Rivers Scholarship program and to apply, visit our Scholarship page or contact us at email@example.com.
Our College Funding team and library of resources can help you make sense of applying for student aid—including the FAFSA, loans, grants, and scholarships—in addition to making sense of your award letters, college life, your career path, student loan repayment, and more!